Saturday 12 March 2011

A Welsh birder in Wales, Part 1

Got back to Wales yesterday afternoon after a very uneventful journey up. Last night I couldn't wait to get out and explore a few old haunts. Last night I visited a local site to listen for Long-eared Owl which I did successfully and this morning I was straight back out to have a go at ringing Siskins at my uncles Garden in Ebbw Vale. Numbers were about the 40 mark but have decreased over the last week or two but in spite of this I have managed at present to catch 11.



As well as Siskin I've also had plenty of Great and Blue tit and something which was quite unexpected, a Lesser Redpoll! 


There's been a Brambling about which has some how avoided the net which is very frustrating but I am in Wales for probably another week so plenty of time!


No comments:

Post a Comment