Monday 11 June 2012

Its too hard to think of a title


This isn’t going to be a particularly long blog given that I could fall asleep at any second following a weekend at my first music festival of the summer. T’was a rather quiet festival compared to some I’ve been to but still very enjoyable none the less.  A conversation with the current lead singer of Hawkwind was a memorable moment as was discovering the Irish legends that are the Saw Doctors. How the hell have I managed to miss these. Damn my age!

Anyway, just before I set off last week I met up with fellow ringer Andy Daw up at Kingston Maurward to follow up a visit we made a few weeks previous to check some Barn Owl boxes. A few boxes had eggs last time so we were hopeful of a few chicks. As you can see there were some!



Six were ringed in total from two nests plus we ringed a couple of Stock Dove which had moved into some of the boxes.



One box contained Kestrel eggs last time and this time it contained 5 rather small Kestrel chicks. They weren’t big enough to ring so we’ll have to pop back in a couple of weeks.

That’s I’m afraid.  I’m off for a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment