Tuesday 29 May 2012

Where do I start!


Well, there’s been long distance twitching,


There’s been doorstep twitching,


There’s been pulli ringing,



Though some a bit big to ring!


I’d better back track. The first shot is of ’the’ Cream coloured Courser which of course isn’t a type of car (that jokes been done to death). I say ‘the’ as by now any respectable birder and many readers of this blog would have heard about this bird which was present in Herefordshire for a few days a week or so ago. The twitch was a rather epic one and thanks to Brett for putting his ace driving skills to good use. We got there with just a glimmer of sun left but the long journey was worth it! My photo’s don’t do it justice so you’ll just have to trust me when I say it was a real stunner! This shot shows how close the bird was to Wales.



A rather atmospheric shot of Brett taking in the stunning Herefordshire countryside which was all around us.


The ‘doorstep’ twitch concerned a Great Reed Warbler which sang at Radipole for a few days and the rather loud croaky song was audible from my bedroom window! Not bad eh?

Recent ringing has been largely restricted to pulli (chicks). Plenty of tit pulli plus a few Pied Wagtail and Blackbirds which is the rather ugly looking chick in the above photo. The other is a Great Tit which has almost certainly fledged by now.

I promise not neglect my blog for so long ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment