Wednesday 11 January 2012

Pipit Pics

Today’s plan went completely out of the window when I got up a few hours later than I was planning this morning. I was going to have a few hours ringing at first light then perhaps head over the border to Hampshire to see this Spanish Sparrow that’s living in a little village on the edge of the New Forest.
I still went ringing but decided not to bother twitching the sparrow. Instead I travelled all the way to Wyke Regis to see a Pipit who’s call can be described as slightly sparrow like. It was of course the long staying Richard’s Pipit that’s hanging around near the bridging camp alongside the fleet nature reserve.

I had nothing better to do so I spent a few hours trying to get some decent photographs and came back with a few OK pictures.



Called into Radipole for an hour or so before last light where just a single adult  Ring-billed Gull was present with only a handful of other birds. Nothing like the numbers on Monday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment