Tuesday 13 September 2011

Grey Phalaropes and Grey Skies

I’ve been a bit rubbish recently and I haven’t bothered doing any seawatching. This weather has blown a few bits in but nothing that has made me wish that I had got up at first light and stood in a 50 or 60mph wind and stare through a telescope. This morning however I got a text about 10 Grey Phalaropes down at Chesil cove. This got me off my backside and by the time I had got there at least 5 were still present though fairly distant. I regretfully have to resort to using a picture I took back in 2008 at Kenfig pool as this mornings birds were just too far away.

Whilst watching the Phalarope huge black clouds descended and got me packing up my kit very quickly and running towards the car. The shower only lasted 5 minutes or so but it was bloody heavy and resulted in me heading home for some lunch! The weather looks like it’s gonna calm down for a few days so fingers crossed I can get back to some ringing. Red Eyed Vireo on Scilly today so who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment