Monday 9 April 2012

Back in Blighty and guess what...

Back from my trip to Gibraltar and have been greeted by some lovely British weather. It’s pouring down with rain! Can you call the Gibraltan weather British as well?? Anyway… Gibraltar wasn’t much better at times as the trip seemed to coincide with Spain’s rainy season which only seems to last a few days. Despite of the unpredictable weather (forecasts on the radio seemed to cover all eventualities) we actually managed a superb week of birding.

Instead of spewing out several hundred words at once and throwing tons of pictures at you I thought I would post several times to cover most of my antics abroad. There’ll be lots of stuff about birds of prey and other stuff migrating from Morocco, a bit of ringing, some general birding and some stuff about the tourists which were a constant source of entertainment when the birding was a little quiet. Notice that I’ve used the word ‘stuff’ several times. Reason being I’m rather knackered after a long day yesterday and finally getting to bed at 4:30am. This has led to my brain not being able to think of other more interesting words. I’m  not even going to post a picture at the moment, instead I’ll leave you in suspense until later this evening when you can expect pictures of Eagles, a vulture or two, hundreds of storks and possible some distant dots in the sky if you’re lucky! I bet you can’t wait…

No comments:

Post a Comment