Monday 20 February 2012

Cor Blimey, its got a Yellowthroat!

This bird must be every patch workers dream! For anyone wondering what a patch worker is it is somebody who goes birdwatching regularly at particular site. I used to have a very uninspiring patch back in Wales, which was a concrete surrounded reservoir, but I grew to love it and visited most days. It took years before I found something good there but it happened in the form of a Pomarine Skua that was a first for Powys. Anyway, I have completely digressed from what could potentially be my bird of the year!
There are going to be loads of good pictures splashed all over the internet of the bird so I though I would only take rubbish pictures. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!

This is a Common Yellowthroat but obviously isn’t very common. It’s from North America and is only the tenth record in the UK. As you can imagine it attracted quite a crowd with probably over a thousand people seeing the bird over the weekend. I know that the finder of this bird reads this blog so well done Matt on a bloody good find!

No comments:

Post a Comment