Wednesday 15 February 2012

An eyeful of Ibis

I know Ibis’s can occasionally be quite obliging but this was just ridiculous! Yesterday evening I had a bleep on the pager saying that there was a Glossy Ibis at Radipole visitor centre. I got there a few minutes after I received the said message and drew a blank, unless it was actually in the visitor centre where I didn’t look.
Whilst debating whether to get up this morning or have a lay in I got a call from our volunteer Chris who’d seen the Ibis at the North hide when he was opening up for the day. So off I went (nursing a slight hangover after a session down the boot last night) to the hide and again was greeted with an Ibis-less view. After five minutes or so, we noticed the bird a few metres in front of the hide amongst the sedge and rush. After very carefully opening up the shutter on the hide, I was greeted by this view!

I need not bother being as careful as I was as the bird just didn’t seem to care about all these people gauping at it.


This one has to be my favourite.


1 comment: